Welcome to Challenger Little League!
2018 CHALLENGER LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL
RULES, GUIDELINES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• ATTENDANCE to practice and games is very important!!
• Baseball bats are NOT allowed in the dugouts
• There are to be NO ‘on deck’ batters
• Athletes MUST wear a batting helmet when batting and running the bases.
• Athletes are required to stay in their own dugout or on the playing field throughout the entire game
• Everyone is encouraged to have fun, but obscenities, inappropriate language, hitting, rough-housing, etc… is NOT allowed. Athletes may be benched or asked to leave the field/park if conduct is not appropriate.
• You may NOT drop your athlete off or leave them unattended for practices and/or games. You are REQUIRED to be in attendance at all practices and games.
• If the assistance is needed, a PARENT, GUARDIAN or BUDDY is required to be with their athlete.
• Obscenities and in appropriate language or actions are not allowed by anyone. The Team Manager/Coach has the right to ask parents, guardians, family members and/or friends to leave the field/park if conduct is inappropriate.
• If a Buddy/Helper is needed – Buddies must be 16 years of age or older.
• Other children, family members, friends, and pets (other than Certified Service Animals) are to remain in the bleachers or outside the fence of the playing field during practices and games unless they are designated as a Buddy. Only the athletes, Buddies/helpers, and coaching staff are allowed on the field and are covered under Little League.
• Your athlete’s attendance is VERY IMPORTANT. Please make every effort to have them at their scheduled practices and games on time
• Challenger Baseball is NOT a State or Grant funded program. Funding comes strictly from fund raising efforts and some donations. Your participation in fund raising efforts is VERY IMPORTANT to allow the program to continue with very minimal expense to the athletes and their families.
• CONTACT YOUR TEAM PARENTS for questions and/or information regarding game cancellations, team picture info, fund raisers, and other game related issues (Team parents should communicate and work with their team’s Manager and Coach). ANY OTHER CONCERNS OR ISSUES should be directed to the Team Manager or the Assistant District Administrator Sid Witt Jr.
• Must stay in the dugout and/or on the field during the game to assist the team manager and coaches
• Must organize the batting order for each game and get the athletes ready for their turn to bat
• Must maintain order in the dugout (throwing things, hitting, and rough-housing are NOT allowed)
• Must keep attendance for all practices and games
• Must communicate (phone calls, texting, emails, etc..) with your team to get or share important team information (uniform info, Jamboree trip info, practice or game postponements/cancellations, relay important fund raising info, etc…). Not everyone has Facebook or email and/or checks it often – please CALL everyone.
• Must communicate with your team’s manager and coaches!
TEAM MANAGERS & COACHES:
• MUST MAINTAIN ORDER in the dugouts and on the field. Obscenities, inappropriate language, throwing things at each other, hitting, rough-housing, etc… are NOT allowed by ANYONE.
• Are responsible for making sure that ALL RULES & GUIDELINES LISTED ABOVE ARE FOLLOWED!
• MUST COMMUNICATE with your team’s Team Mom/Parents.
• MUST COMMUNICATE TIMELY WITH CHALLENGER’S ADMINISTRATOR Sid Witt Jr. regarding scheduling issues, roster issues, issues that come up during practices/games, fundraising information, etc…
Thank you to all our wonderful sponsors.